Last weekend an important part of the project was reached; the engine and gearbox were lifted into the car. As with the rest of the project this didn’t go 100% as planned. Everything went fine, until I tried to line up the gearbox mounts, they appear to be 2-3 cm too far forward. Once again I think down to my choice of donor. Cést la vie this just adds to the challenge! I also forgot to cut the front engine mount down to size which prevented the engine dropping in… whoops 🙂 The good news is that the gear cables can be easily routed and they work. I have removed the seat for now so I’ll know just how good it is when I put the seat back in.