Since I updated the ignition which was a massive change, and she’s running great… but she’s become a pain to start.
If I have her on charge over night she starts, not immediately but quite quickly. Should I leave her alone for a few days, even with the isolator switched off, she won’t start. She tries, she cranks but it seems there just isn’t enough juice to crank the engine and fire a spark. Unfortunately its not possible to check the battery state in situ as it is under the nose, so I spent a few hours tonight extracting the battery. This is now ready for me to test and then I can decide what I need to do next.
I will also need to devise a new method of fitting the battery as I ground off the old bracket so I could drop the battery through the chassis otherwise I would of had to remove the body, not a job I was planning to do until the winter break.